Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday's Fabulous Finds: MS, Valerie Harper, Body Language, Bullying & a Dancing Queen




Thought for the Day: Here are 5 Fabulous Finds from a wide range of subjects. Hope you enjoy them & have a great final week of the summer!

1) My 1st Fabulous Find is an article, MS Misdiagnosed as an Anxiety Attack, part of a series called MS Fitness Challenge by David Lyon.

2) Valerie Harper's performance on Dancing With the Stars is another tribute to the power of never giving up on dreams. Harper is contending with brain cancer & outliving the doctor's prognosis. Here's a video from the show.

3) Here's a some additional evidence on the power of "pretending" which we discussed this week in the Psychology Trivia posts. Social Psychologist Amy Cuddy demonstrates how body language affects how others see us and how it  may also change how we see ourselves. Take a look at this TED video which shows how " 'power posing' -- standing in a posture of confidence, even when we don’t feel confident -- can affect testosterone & cortisol levels in the brain, & might even have an impact on our chances for success. "   

4) My fourth Fabulous Find is Dear Santa: Make Kids Stop Bullying My Sister.

5) Finally a story about how a funny Dancing Queen video went viral and landed a job for the woman in the video.

No comments: