Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Saturday's Songs for the Soul: The Song Remembers When by Trisha Yearwood


Thought for the Day: As I went through my mental songbook for today's post I recalled a song I heard in Nashville by songwriter Hugh Prestwood. It is a wonderful story song about how songs can take us back to significant moments in time. When I searched for it on YouTube, I found 2 versions. The rendition by Trisha Yearwood is powerful & beautiful. I also included Prestwood's performance at the famous Bluebird Cafe in Nashville on April 5, 2013 during Tin Pan South Songwriter's Festival. His performance in the round with Even Stevens and Lari White, brings back memories for me of the great intimate performances by hit songwriters in the round (I saw Lari White there with her husband Chuck Cannon a few years ago & was able to speak with them after the show.). I decided to share both for your weekend enjoyment. What songs bring you back to special moments in your life?



No comments: