Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Saturday's Songs for the Soul: Why Do Robert Redford, Jodie Foster & Ben Kingsley Want You to Know Who Alice Guy-Blaché Was?

 
Who Was Alice Guy-Blaché?

Thought for the Day: Yesterday, I posted #FF Friday's Fabulous Finds, I was not sure what song to share today. I had posted this tweet about my Friday's Finds (which went out automatically around midnight EDST):
@WakeUpDreamNow #FF Finds: World Changing #Women: Suffragettes, .@GwenIfill .@JudyWoodruff Omaha Rocks http://t.co/inuekLuJZf #psychology #news
        (Translation: Dr. Barbara Lavi is asking you to Follow her Friday (#FF) Finds & send it out to your followers. It reports stories about World Changing Women's accomplishments including Suffrogattes, Reporters Gwen Ifill & Judy Woodruff's Trailblazing appointment as 1st female co-anchors on PBS' NewsHour, and a program in Omaha that helps girls build self esteem at a rock and roll camp. Here's a link to the blog post which is related to psychology and news.)
About an hour later, on twitter I saw this message:  @BeNaturalMovie Aug 09, 12:51pm via Twitter for iPhone

          (Translation: Someone who's twitter handle is @BeNaturalMovie was writing to let me know they had read my tweet & was asking me if I had ever heard of Alice Guy. I clicked on the link on the tweet & viewed a very interesting story about Alice Guy-Blaché. She was a pioneer film maker whose contribution to the history of film making has been virtually lost. I tweeted back to them that it seemed to be an important story that needs to be told. They tweeted back, thanked me & asked for my help.
          I tweeted out their tweet (in twitterese I retweeted or RT's it to the 11, 500 + followers on my 3 twitter handles. @BeNaturalMovie thanked me & I thought I was done. However,  the story & the importance of letting people know about women, like Alice, who were bold enough to follow their dreams, stuck with me. I decided to share it with you here today & hope you will view the kickstart video. They are behind their goals & their minimum donation is just a dollar. Please take a look. Share it with your friends, families, fans, & other  networks.
            When you view the video you will see that film makers & actors like Robert Redford (executive producer), Jodie Foster (narrator) & Ben Kingsley are supportive of this project. I'm sure they don't mind that I used their names to get your attention in the title of this post & hope you don't mind as well! The story of Alice is what is really important. Women who make history should not be erased from the history books!
Click HERE to view their kickstart campaign.

        I chose "Wind Beneath My Wings" performed by Bette Midler (written by Jeff Silbar and Larry Henley) for the song for the soul today. I met Larry Henley a few years ago at the frank Brown Songwriters Festival. He was very humble. It was a huge honor to meet and speak with someone who wrote such a beautiful inspiring song. Women like Alice are unsung heroes. Because of the accomplishments of women like her others are following in her footsteps.

 Above photo from Be Natural Movie Kickstarter page.

No comments: