Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Thursday's Psychology Research finds: To Treat Depression, Drugs or Therapy? By RICHARD A. FRIEDMAN, M.D. JANUARY 8, 2015 8:00 AM well.blogs.NYTimes

Stuart Bradford (From well.blogs.NYTimes.com)
Thought for the Day: Today, instead of creating a trivia post, I decided to share a great article I found today from a blog connected to the New York Times (well.blogs.NYTimes.com) by Richard A Friedman, MD. It raises some very important questions about how best to treat depression. It is refreshing to hear a physician question the strong bias towards medication over psychotherapy, even when research findings are supporting psychotherapy or a combination of psychotherapy and medications. I hope you will take a look. Here's the link:
             http://nyti.ms/1xJHC0k

No comments: