Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, March 16, 2012

Is Your Life Living Up to Your Dreams? Would You Like a Free Consultation With A Psychologist?



Thought for the Day: Frustration can sometimes immobilize us & stop us from even thinking about our dreams. However, sometimes frustration can help people find their dreams. If you are frustrated, you are not alone. Is your life living up to your dreams? If not, why not? I'd like to offer my assistance. Feel free to write here or e-mail me your questions. Share your experiences about what is frustrating you & keeping you from living your dreams. I will respond to all your questions in subsequent posts or individually.

We all get frustrated daily, but I'm wondering what are the biggest issues confronting you at this time? Work conflicts seem to be at the top of many of my clients' lists. Many people are feeling stuck in work situations & afraid to make a move during a recession. They feel they have no options other than the status quo. Some people have outlived multiple layoffs, but find themselves doing more work with less staff. People are tolerating unpleasant conflicts with their managers since they are afraid to look for alternative jobs. Everyone knows that many companies are not hiring. Since the last person hired is often 1st one laid off many people don't even look for a new job, even when they are miserable & being treated poorly. Problems at work often lead to tension at home, marital conflicts, lack of sleep & reduced energy. Tension at home leads to conflict with spouses & children. This often leads to social isolation & depression. In this way the frustration cycle often mushrooms & expands to all aspects of life. Are you stuck in this kind of cycle?

I don't know what things are bothering you, but would like to help you find ways to reduce your level of frustration & break this viscous cycle. To get out of the cycle there are two steps that are prerequisites to finding solutions. First, you must admit to yourself that you are frustrated & stuck. Then you need to ask for help. So frustration can be the catalyst to finding a better life.


I hope you will take both of the steps today. First ask yourself, what things are frustrating you? What's holding you back now? Are there things you would like some help with? If so, feel free to write to me. You can post your question here. If you would prefer to e-mail me so that your concerns remain confidential, my e-mail is DrBarbaraLavi@ACTNowPsychotherapy.com. I will e-mail you back before I post anything online, to make sure I have disguised your personal details. I look forward to helping you use your frustration to help you make the changes that will help you start moving towards your dreams.



No comments: