Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

The Sandy Hook Promise


I Promise to honor the 26 lives lost at Sandy Hook Elementary School.
I Promise to do everything I can to encourage and support common sense solutions that make my community and our country safer from similar acts of violence.

Thought for the Day: It has been a month and a day since the tragedy at the Sandy Hook Elementary School. Yesterday grieving parents spoke to the press and announced a nonprofit organization, The Sandy Hook Promise. Their promise is to turn this event into the beginning of the end of these kinds of horrific attacks on our children. I commend their initiative and their strength to speak publicly at such a difficult time and for taking action to be change agents. I urge all parents, teachers and concerned citizens touched by this senseless act to follow these brave parents' lead by supporting their promise and taking action as well.  In their words,
"This is a Promise
To do everything in our power to be remembered
not as the town filled with grief and victims;
but as the place where
real change began.
Our hearts are broken;
Our spirit is not."
You can click on the image above to go to their website & donate to help. May the memory of those lost be a blessing to all those who mourn and help us prevent future losses of innocent lives.

No comments: