Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, April 12, 2013

Saturday's Songs for the Soul: You've Gotta Have Friends

             
Thought for the Day: It's time for Saturday's Songs for the Soul. Since this week was devoted to issues surrounding the importance of friendship (Motivational Mondays: What Is "Friendship Deprivation & How Does It Impact on Mental Health? & Thursday's Psychological Trivia Answer: Friendship the Secret Weapon in the Fight Against Cancer), I chose songs about friendship. I am also celebrating my nephew's wedding with family & many of  my brother's friends whom I have known since they were in elementary school. I appreciate their support over the years. The 1st  two videos show how celebrities come together to help various causes. The 1st video includes a montage for an Easter Seals Marathon in 1992, see how many of the celebrities you recognize. The 2nd shows The Rolling Stones in a benefit concert for victims of Hurricane Katrina. When disaster strikes, friendships help us get through the difficult times. The third is a son, No Man Is An Island (based on a poem by John Donne.), that I have always loved performed by the Van Dykes, a group I have never heard before. Have a wonderful weekend!    


                                                          "You've Gotta Have Friends"
                                                     Montage for Easter Seals Marathon
Pat Boone, Rita Coolidge, Robb Weller, and Maria Conchita Alonso go to the tote board in 1992, followed by a montage with Bette Midler's "You've Got To Have Friends" of celebrities and Easter Seal kids of the past including Groucho Marx, Lucille Ball, Ed Asner, Jack Klugman, Joan Lunden, Carol Burnett, Lassie, Michael Landon, Peter Falk, Bill Cosby, Bob Hope, and Hank Aaron. Can you help and identify some of the stars I couldn't?                                                                                

The Rolling Stones playing in Milwaukee, USA, as part of the benefit concert for the victims of the Hurricane Katrina, aired on September 10, 2005.

                                                 No Man Is An Island by the Van Dykes

No comments: