Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, February 15, 2013

#FF 3 Gifts: Music, a Children's Book & Life Via Facebook

Thought for Today: It's Friday & time again for my fabulous finds. This week's finds are all gifts. The first brings the gift of heavenly sounds of music on the glass harp. My second find is of a giveaway offer of a children's book, Amazing Matilda, by Bette A. Stevens. Steven's book has synergy with my book & philosophy. It encourages children to overcome obstacles & reach for their dreams. Grab a free copy for children you wish to inspire! The third find tells the story of giving the gift of life to strangers via a facebook page. I hope you like these finds & share them with your friends & family.
        Yesterday, I took part in the March for Change Rally in Hartford & plan to share some of the motivational stories & experiences next Monday, so be sure to come back for my Motivational Monday post. If you have ideas or suggestions for my What If Wednesday posts, please share them with me. All comments are welcome!

1) It has always been amazing to me that musicians can make such awesome sounds from glasses of water. Both pieces are favorites of mine. Leonard Cohen's Halleluyah makes me appreciate life every time I hear it. This version is performed by a street musician. Thanks to Erica Joy on Google + for posting this:

Erica's post led me to wesley chun's (On Google +) suggestion of Tchaikovsky's Dance Of the Sugar Plum Fairy (a piece I listened to & danced to over & over again as a child) is performed by The GlassDuo of Anna & Arkadiusz Szafraniec. They are the only glass music group in Poland, one of few professional ensembles worldwide.


2) My second fabulous find is a new children's book, Amazing Matilda, by a facebook author friend of mine, Bette A. Stevens.  It reached #59 in Amazon's top 100 children's books & #4 in the top 100 butterfly books in the Kindle Store. Amazing Matilda does for children, what The Wake Up and Dream Challenge does for adults. It inspires kids to meet challenges with patience & persistence. The heroine of the book, Matilda, becomes discouraged when she is unable to fly during the early stages of her metamorphosis. But, Matilda never gives up on her dream. To see a lovely short video about the book click the video on the below.
You can get a copy for FREE from February 17 -19 on Kindle: http://publicatuebook.wordpress.com/2013/02/09/promotion-on-february/

3) My third fabulous find is a story by Shakthi Jothianandan on Huffington Post about how one person, Leah Hostalet & a facebook page, Find a Kidney Central, have helped save 38 lives. Her efforts are giving hope & support to countless others dealing with kidney failure:  http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20673541,00.html?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl27|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D270690.  "Everyone who is in need is so supportive of one another," says Hostalet, "The community feel to the page brings me such joy." 

Have a wonderful long weekend!
 

No comments: