Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

What if Wednesdays: What If An Hour Could Change Your Life?



Thought for the day: Last November, a new educational program called Udemy contacted me. They wanted to know if I would be interested in developing an online video course that students could download & complete on their own schedule. Udemy's goal is to: "help students make moves. Whether you want to get promoted, break into a new industry, start a company, further a passion, or just accelerate your life, Udemy helps you learn from the amazing instructors in the world, so that you can get there and get there faster." They are making news in The Wall Street Journal, Business Times, & Forbes who see them on the cutting edge of education adding ipad & mobile phone apps.

      Since I want to help people make moves & accomplish their dreams, I liked Udemy's approach & felt honored to join best selling authors & professors from around the world. It required recording lessons & developing downloadable assignments. I took a look at the courses they offer & decided that it would be possible to develop an abbreviated course based on techniques taught in my book. Since I had developed seminars for my tour last summer (Dreams On Wheels VI: Tired but Inspired, V: Report from Richmond, IV. On the Road, III: Olympic Dreams), developing the content & assignments for the course would not be a problem.

     However, videotaping & editing the course would be challenging for me. I can do the simple videos for this What If Wednesday blog, but filming & editing down an hour's worth of short video clips (There are 18 2 - 5 minutes videotaped lessons in the course) was beyond my level of expertise. Therefore, I searched for a film intern. I was fortunate & found Emma Debany, who happened to be coming home for Christmas break in Connecticut.  Emma did an amazing job on a very tight schedule & today I am announcing the launch of the course, How to Jumpstart Your Life in an Hour. Take a look at the one minute video above to hear more about it or check it out at https://www.udemy.com/jumpstartyourlifeinanhour/.

      Let me know what you think!

No comments: