Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, April 18, 2014

#FF Friday's Fabulous Finds: #TFF2014, Secret to Learning Anything, Wikipedia Predicting Flu & More

Thought for the Day: Yesterday I saw two great movies at the #TFF2014 the Tribeca Film Festival. If you are in the NYC area it is well worth the wait in a Rush line to catch some films. We saw Gabriel and Goodbye to All That. I would recommend both. In Lou Howe, writer and director's first feature film, "Gabriel," a glimpse of life from the perspective of a teenager struggling with mental illness is portrayed in a stellar performance by Rory Culken
     The movie, "Goodbye to all That," is Actor/Writer, Angus MacLachlan's (the writer of Junebug (2005)) first time in the director's chair. I was embarrassed to learn that the therapy scene in the movie was based on one of MacLachlan's friends actual experiences. I had assumed that it was fantasy designed to get laughs. Trust me, most therapists do not behave the way you will see in this film. If you encounter a therapist who takes over someone's life and speaks for a client like the one in this movie, find another therapist. The lively discussions following the both films were interesting and thought provoking, giving a glimpse into the creative process of film making.
Today's other finds generated through Flipboard include some amazing photos of the Northern lights, The Secret to Learning How to Do Anything with tips from martial arts, a tweet by Karlee Silver about a study that finds kindergarten teachers can make up for deficits in children's mothers' education, a study that found that Wikipedia can predict flu season, an article on the importance of surrounding yourself with challenging people.




Click on the link below to view this week's         magazine: http://flip.it/uLCFW

No comments: