Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday's Fabulous Finds: The Importance of Consequences for Misbehavior, Focus for Children's Mental Health, & Myths About Creativity

Thought for the Day: I was away from my office today till now, therefore, I am just getting to Friday's Fabulous Finds.  This week three articles focus on issues related to children, adolescents, & parenting. I was excited to see that a High School football coach took action when he heard members of his team were bullying others online & that their behavior & studies were less than exemplary. It was also good to hear that parents were supportive of the coaches decision.  The parents in Stephentown could learn from their Utah counterparts.  The second fins concerns why kids need to learn to focus & how parents & teachers can help them.  Finally the third find challenges some myths about creativity.  Here they are:

1) Utah High School Football Coach Suspends Entire Team Amid Reports Of Cyberbullying

2) An Open Letter To The Parents Of The Stephentown 300

3) What Helps Kids Focus Better -- and Why They Need Help 

4) Everything You Thought You Knew About Creativity Is Wrong

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Tomorrow, on Saturday's Songs for the Soul, I will share one of my followers story & a song that has helped her over the years.

No comments: