Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Throwback Saturday's Songs for the Soul: Catch A Falling Star

Throwback Saturday: I first posted this in September of 2013. I thought of it today as my brother Larry's birthday would have been next week. I guess I need to pull out the star this week. With all the bad weather we have had over the month of February, his star is helpful for me. Hope you are having a great weekend!

Thought for the Day: I chose an old song today. "Catch A Falling Star," sung by Perry Como. The song, written by Paul Vance & Lee Pockriss, was made famous by Perry Como's hit version, released in 1957. Although it is a love song, it is one that feeds my soul for two reasons. First, I love the sentiment of catching a star & keeping the star shine in your pocket for a "starless night." Wouldn't it be nice if we could pull out the good feelings we have on a wonderful day on the tough days of our lives? The second reason I have always liked this song is that my brother, Larry,  sang it in an elementary school performance. It reminds me of looking up to my older brother singing the song & how proud I was to be his sister. This song helps me hold on to precious moment. So I guess the words ring true for me. Songs can help cope with  rainy days. What songs have helped you in this way? I'd love to hear them & the stories that go with them. Have a wonderful last full day of summer!


No comments: