Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Monday, September 23, 2013

Motivational Monday: Get Involved & Feel More Motivated


Thought for the Day: When I am not sure what to write about, I visit various web pages & read other people's posts on facebook & google+. I always find something that inspires me. Today, I found this quote by Ben Franklin on a a Google+ group called +Parenting Tips (10 and under) which is hosted by +Helen Neale. Not only has the quote withstood the test of time, but it also made me think about another aspect of involvement related to motivation. In addition to learning better when we become involved in the process of acquiring knowledge, we also become more motivated to accomplish things when we feel involved.

When we feel isolated or discouraged about something, we feel less motivated. The power of getting involved can be seen in the empowering feeling of being part of a group like MADD & seeing how their efforts have helped change the laws about driving while intoxicated.

If you are feeling unmotivated, find a cause. Get involved. It will help keep you motivated. Have you ever found that by getting involved, you became more motivated to do things? I'd love to hear your experiences. Have a great start to the new week!

No comments: