Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday's Fabulous Finds: Yelling Vs. Physical Punishment. Think Positive, Psychotherapy Vs. Drugs & Teaching Heroism


Thought for the Day: Somehow Friday has slipped away, but here are four fabulous finds from this week. There is an interesting study which found that the impact of yelling at teens is similar to physical punishment. A video on a study which shows how quickly thinking positive thoughts about yourself can improve your mood. Did you know that even though there has been a rise in psycho-pharmological treatment, that most people prefer psychotherapy to drug therapy for depression and anxiety? The third stdy explains this phenomenon. Finally, an interesting program that teaches youth to become heroes. Hope you like these finds and have a wonderful weekend.

1) Yelling at teens: similar effect to physical punishment

2) A video on The power of positive thinking.

3) Most mental health patients prefer psychotherapy over drugs

4) Teaching Heroism How One Program Is Helping Kids Become Heroes by , About.com Guide

No comments: