Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Sat's Songs 4 the Soul: A Song Symbolizing a 21 Year Relationaship


Thought for the Day: Last week, I shared a song & a story about the significance of the song from one of my readers. I asked for others to share their songs & stories of how a song has helped them over the years. This week I have another story from a reader. Please keep sharing songs, I love to hear how they have helped you. Here's our conversation written with +Arlene Pick 's permission:




Arlene Pick
Sep 28, 2013
+
1
2
1
Wind. Beneath. My Wings. Bette. Midler. 



Barbara Lavi
Sep 28, 2013
+Arlene Pick That is a wonderful song. I actually met the songwriter a few years ago. Do you have a story to go along with the song? When you 1st heard it, how it helped you, who it reminds you of?



Arlene Pick
Sep 28, 2013
I chose this song for our wedding. Because my Albert. Lifted my hopes that. I was someone special. In his LIFE. 21 yrs. ago. 10/ 92




Barbara Lavi
Sep 28, 2013
Edit
That is a wonderful story. Is it OK to share it on my blog? Albert must be a special person. Happy Anniversary soon!

So in honor of Albert & Arlene's (You can see them together in her profile picture) 21 years of making one another feel special, I am sharing "Wind Beneath My Wings" performed by Bette Midler. The song was written by Jeff Silbar and Larry Henley. I had the honor of meeting & speaking with Larry Henley at the Frank Brown Songwriter's Festival in Florabama several years ago. I have always loved the song as well. Today, one of my grand children will be celebrating their Bar Mitzvah. My children & their children bring me great joy & are the "Wind Beneath My Wings" as well. I hope that in my work I will help make the world a better place for them & their children.


No comments: