Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Wednesday's Words of Wisdom: Dr. Lavi To Do Over or Do Nothing, That Is the Question



Thought for the Day: Wednesday's posts have been either Words of Wisdom or Wake Up Moments. Today's Words of Wisdom are mine & I hope they can also help people discover some wake up moments. Here's my words of wisdom: "It's better to do over than to do nothing." No one likes to have to do things over. It's frustrating to have to repeat a task you have already completed.
Here's a second quote and why doing something is better than doing nothing...



We are only human. Since we are human we could rewrite RenĂ© Descartes, the philosopher's saying, "I think, therefore I am," as "I'm human, therefore, I err." Unfortunately, some people let the fear of making mistakes paralyze them. Have you ever found yourself immobilized in situations you are afraid to change. Clients come to me for psychotherapy when they are struck in unhappy marriages, dissatisfying jobs, or financial binds. I often ask them, "What is the worst thing that can happen if you separate from your partner, leave your job or declare bankruptcy?" Alternatively, I ask,"What is the worst thing that can happen if you do nothing?" Often when they look at these two extremes, they realize that doing nothing is worse than making a mistake that will lead to needing to have to do something "over."

Are there things you are afraid to do for fear of making a mistake? Sometimes just starting to explore options can help you see alternative paths that you may not have been able to see before. Have a great day!

No comments: