Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, July 19, 2013

#FF Friday's Fabulous Finds: HealthTap.com, 911, A War Hero's Advice, & Adoption


Thought for the Day: It's Friday & time for some #FF Fabulous Finds. I like to bring a mix of great resources, inspiration, psychology & education. Today's mix does just that! There's an amazing free web & mobile service where you can ask experts all your medical & psychological questions, the story of how a 5 year old used 911 to help her mother who was choking, what a former A Bomb test pilot wanted his grandson to know, & an interesting take on adoption & birth parenting issues. I hope you enjoy the finds & have a great weekend. 

Stay tuned for more information about the free e-book promotion I am preparing on Amazon.com. I realized as I was doing preparations that my book was ranked #56 in Self Help/Dreams on the Kindle store!

Here are this week's finds:

1) HealthTap.com Over a month ago, I was invited to join a new Interactive Health Network. Since I don't have a lot of time, I actually ignored the invitation until recently. When I finally did, I realized it was truly is a fabulous find. HealthTap is the world’s leading Interactive Health Network that provides patients free access to thousands of the best U.S. licensed doctors through all web channels & mobile devices. As a member of HealthTap’s Medical Expert Network, I am able help millions of people searching for my expertise online, help new patients learn about me, & better serve my existing clients through my convenient & free state-of-the-art Virtual Practice. I find it a fascinating & rewarding way to connect to people from around the country who want to improve their mental health. To join my HealthTap professional referral network or follow me as a patient visit my Virtual Practice: https://www.healthtap.com/experts/12355789-dr-barbara-lavi

2) Cloe Olson, 5 year old, Calls 911 Thinks Daddy is on the Other End  (Video)  of the line. Cloe remembered a talk by police & fire department & called 911 when her mother began choking. Take a look & be sure to share the 911 video jingle with your kids. You never know when they may need to call 911. (from Huffington Post Parents)

3) Clyde Shields, Chief A-Bomb Test Pilot, Sends Unforgettable Letter To Grandson
The Huffington Post  |  By What did the chief pilot for the A Bomb want his grandson to know & what can we learn from his experiences?
4) Lost And Found: A Birthmother's Secret Son, originally posted on 2013-05-15-NYCwoman150.jpg  by Claire Berman  (I found this on Huff Post Post 50) I have worked with both adults & children struggling with the challenges that adoption brings. This article shares both sides of the issue in an unusual way.

No comments: