Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Wednesday's Words of Wisdom: Steve Jobs on Time, Money & Free Offers



Thought for the Day: This week we are focusing on our love/hate relationship with FREE offers. It is surprising that it is hard to find good research or quotes on this topic. This morning I had an e-mail from one of my intern, saying he had trouble & the only quote he found was a well known anonymous one, "The best things in life are free." It did not seem like the best quote to use for this post, so I set out to find a better one myself. I must admit, it was not easy. I found a few, but nothing to write home about! For example there was this quote by a model, Cindy Margolis: Makeup artists are always giving me their stuff. My favorite thing is free stuff. I'll take anything.. Then there was this one by comedienne, Aubrey Plaza: 

However, that did not seem like what I was looking for either. Finally, I found the quote featured above above by Steve Jobs: "My favorite things in life don't cost any money. It's really clear that the most precious resource we all have is time." It needs no explanation & is even more powerful knowing of his valiant race against time when challenged by cancer.  He certainly used his time well. He will be remembered by his earth changing innovations & generous gifts to humanity.

Steve Jobs did not talk about free offers in any of the quotes I read. He did pay special attention to the importance of creating great innovative products which became the hallmark of Apple's success. What his words of wisdom add to my deliberations about a "Free" offer of my e-book is that any free offer must be worthy of the time someone spends taking advantage of it. Since I am sure reading my book will help you change your life, I am confident it will be a great opportunity. I know it is well worth the time you spend learning the techniques it teaches. I hope you will stay tuned & download it as soon as you can. Then, I hope you will share your comments, recommend it to your friends & encourage them to take the time to learn from my book as well. I will be sure to let you know before the campaign starts. Have a great day & spend your time wisely!

No comments: