Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, February 28, 2014

#FF Friday's Fabulous Finds: Blind Judo, Higher Ground, Girl Scouts Rock & Ways to reduce Stress



Thought for the Day: I don't know about you, but I am looking forward to the beginning of March. I have been battling a cold and bronchitis for a month. Since I rarely get sick, it has been challenging. The weather here in New England has not helped, so I am hoping that March will bring better weather for us all. Today's post is a bit of an oleo and I did not have much time to organize it, but the finds are interesting. Hope you enjoy them & have a great weekend!


1) Here is a wonderful funny e-card I came across this week...


2) Michael Larsen, an athlete of the Blind Judo Foundation with a rare eye disease leaving him blind, later deaf and bullied, learned to overcome his disabilities with training in Judo under the coaching leadership of legendary Coach Willy Cahill. Now thirty-four, Michael will be heading to Heidelberg, Germany for an International Judo Training Camp and International German Judo Championship Tournament for the Blind and Visually Impaired. Read more...



3) Try using the word "can't" with Jessica  She's working on earning the Gold Award and putting a pile of stereotypes about girls to rest while she does. #GirlScoutsRock  from Girl Scouts of Citrus Council on Facebook. I love when programs help break stereotypes, here's one Girl Scout who is working hard to change some:




4) Here's an announcement about a project about Higher Ground a recreational therapy program for wounded warriors. 













5) 50 Ways to deal with Stress from Simply Positive on facebook:




No comments: