Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, February 21, 2014

#FF Friday's Fab Finds: Einstein on Education, Rita F. Pierson on TEDTalks & Asperger Syndrome

Photo Found on It's A Lovely Life on Facebook
Thought for the Day: This week my finds came from various facebook pages that I follow. I decided to post them by copying them & pasting them here, which is a bit different from how I usually post my Fabulous Finds. Let me know what you think. The wonderful quote from Albert Einstein along with the cartoon gave me a theme for this week's finds. The posts loosely follow the theme of how we can bring out the best in our children regardless of their differences and challenges.

From TED on Facebook, I found a wonderful short video. The presenter's bio states:
"Rita F. Pierson, a professional educator since 1972, taught elementary school, junior high and special education. She was a counselor, a testing coordinator and an assistant principal. In each of these roles, she brought a special energy to the role -- a desire to get to know her students, show them how much they matter and support them in their growth, even if it was modest."
Here's the video:


The second find is a wonderful idea to help protect children. It is a good idea for any child, but even more so if the child is autistic or unable to speak for any reason. I found this on Momiverse on Facebook. It is easy to make one for your child and can cost under a dollar, but can save a child's life.
Genius!



Like ·  · Share · 1231 · 

The last Fabulous Find for this week is a slideshow of a book called: All Cats Have Asperger Syndrome. It is a book by Kathy Hoopman. If you know anyone who is raising a child with asperger or autism, it can help them explain the disorder to their siblings in a way that will make sense and help them understand and support their sibling.



No comments: