Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuesday's Psychology Tips: The Physical, Psychological, and Social Benefits of Dancing

Thought for the Day: Here's another Psychology Tip which I wrote for HealthTap.  The tip below was limited to 100 characters on HealthTap, but here, I can say more. I have loved to dance all my life. I don't need any health benefits to justify dancing. When I hear music, it makes me feel like dancing. 

     Just the exercise involved in dancing is a natural antidepressant. It's hard to dance and feel down at the same time. What many people do not know is that dancing also exercises your brain. It can help improve your memory. Other activities, like word games, can improve memory but they lack the physical health benefits that dancing gives. 
     If you are self conscious, even dancing alone can enhance your mood and memory, but when you dance with others the benefits are multiplied. Dancing helps people feel more connected with others and, therefore, improves one's mental health. If you don't know how to dance, take some lessons. With just a few lessons, you will be less self conscious and able to join in the fun! Or just turn on some music and move to the beat! Have a great week.

     Here's the Tip as I shared it on HealthTap. It's a great site where you can ask any and all health realted questions and get answers from experts from around the nation 24/7.

   INTERESTING FACT
Dancing exercises your body, brain, and memory. So keep on dancing to stay young and healthy!

 







    
 


1 comment:

Lee @ Addiction Blog said...

How long do you recommend dancing to enhance mood? And is this an everyday practice? I'm looking into a mobile phone app called Beatz by Dr. Dre which sets up a playlist for you according to your mood.