Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, February 7, 2014

#FF Friday's Fabulous Finds: Parenting Olympians, Women in Sports, Teaching Daughters RE; Inner Beauty & More

Parenting, Women in the the Olympics, CVS & Cigarettes, 82 Year Old Supermodel

Thought for the Day: I don't know about you, but I've had about enough winter for this year! I do have several great finds for youon this cold winter day. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did. Have a great weekend! The only positive thing about it being winter is that the Winter Olympics are starting this week.

1) I can't believe that I'm sharing an advertisement from Proctor & Gamble as one of this week's Fabulous Finds, but they prepared a great ad on how to parent Olympians that is really wonderful. It's called Thank You Mom, Pick Them Back Up.

2) On the topic of the Olympics my second find, This Is The First Year Women Can Ski Jump At The Olympics. Here Are 7 Other Sports We've Been Barred From, is an article on the history of women's sports in the Winter Olympics. You may be surprised to learn that women have not been allowed to compete in many of the Olympic sports and still cannot compete in one winter event!

3) Words From a Father to His Daughter (From the Makeup Aisle), the third find, is a wonderful letter by a father to his three year old daughter. Every parent should share the sentiments with their daughters.

4)My fourth find, Kicking The Habit: CVS To Stop Selling Tobacco, Sacrificing $2 Billion In Sales For Public Health And Future Growth,  is about the bold move made by CVS. They decided that it went against their mission to help people maintain a healthy lifestyle. I hope that other pharmacies and stores will follow suit.

5)Many couples who want to adopt a child only consider adopting an infant. My fifth fabulous find,  The Internet Cheers For Little Girl Whose Adoption Finally Became Official is the story of a couple who adopted a foster child.

6) Finally I have a photo of an 82-Year-Old Supermodel (who) Still Stuns And Admits 'I'm Still Figuring Out How To Do The Job'  This octogenarian proves that at any age we can continue learning and accomplishing our dreams.

No comments: