Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, August 9, 2013

#FF Friday's Fabulous Finds: World Changing Women: Suffragetts, Judy Woodruff, Gwen Ifill & Omaha Girls Rock





Thought for the Day: It has been a very busy couple of weeks for me & I must admit that I have been working hard to stay on top of family life, my practice, all the social media sites, the e-book promotion & writing this blog. It was worth it to watch my book's ranking rise to the top of two categories in Amazon's Kindle Free Store bestseller list. I am humbled knowing how many self help and mental health books dealing with dreams & happiness that are listed on Amazon. Thanks to all of you who downloaded my book during the promotion. Please let me know how you like it or if you have questions about the book. 

I had to take some shortcuts this week. I posted a video from the campaign on Tuesday. On Wednesday I shared a tip I wrote about women's health for the HealthTap site. It is a site I have been actively supporting via what they call TipTaps and answering people's questions from around the USA's on psychology & mental health issues. Therefore, it's appropriate that as I was searching for fabulous finds today, the first three relate to women accomplishing their dreams: a women's history lesson, a historic first for female news anchors, Judy Woodruff and Gwen Ifill, on PBS & a camp in Omaha, Nebraska helping build girls self esteem via rock music. The 4th find raises the question of whether restaurants should ban children below the age of 9 during certain hours. Should children not be seen or heard at dinner time in family friendly restaurants? What do you think?

I hope you enjoy the finds & have a great weekend!

Anti-Suffragette Postcards Show Fighting For Change Has Never Been Easy The Huffington Post  |  By These postcards really give perspective on how far we have come. However, some things have remained the same & still need to be changed. What do you think?
antisuffragette postcard
*Image



Judy Woodruff, Gwen Ifill Named 'PBS NewsHour' Co-Anchors  The Huffington Post  |  By I love the PBS NewsHour and applaud them for choosing to place two trailblazing female news anchors at the head of their operations. They are true role models for girls and women. Their presence at the helm lets girls know they can be intelligent and accomplish whatever dreams they set for themselves.

'Omaha Girls Rock' Summer Camp Turns Teen Girls Into Rock Stars (VIDEO Huffington Post Parents This summer camp is also teaching girls that they can reach for their dreams. Great video as well!

La Fisheria, 'Family Friendly' Houston Restaurant, Bans Kids Under 9 At Night The Huffington Post  |  By What do you think of this policy? Is it family friendly? How will it impact on single parents who want to take their kids out for dinner?

*Image courtesy of: Palczewski, Catherine H. Postcard Archive. University of Northern Iowa. Cedar Falls, IA.

 



No comments: