Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Wednesdsy's Wake Up Moments: The Christopher Lane Murder: What Do You Do When You Are Discouraged?



Thought for the Day: Wednesdays posts are being focused on you, my readers & fans. I want to know your high & low "Wake Up" moments on the rod to your dreams. I have been opening the discussion by sharing some of my highs & lows over the last few Wednesdays. Those of you reading my posts know that the end of the summer has been jam packed, making it hard to keep up. We have a friend here helping us do some work on the house . We are taking advantage of the end of the summer to get projects done before the weather changes. It is both a high & a low, making it hard to keep up with the blog.

However, this morning after a power outage, when I began to catch up by reading the news,  my challenges were brought into perspective, triggering a very discouraging low for me. In shock and sadness, I read about the senseless murder of Christopher Lane in Oklahoma. Lane was a college student athlete. He came from Australia to the US to play baseball & be with his American girlfriend of four years. He gunned down while jogging by 3 teens who said they were, "bored" & decided to kill someone.

I have been writing about gun control & preventive mental health programs in our school since before the Newtown tragedy. I am discouraged & heartbroken. When will we wake up & work together in nonpartisan efforts to improve the laws? When will parents (and all citizens) demand stronger mental health programs that will help curb the increase of violence in our nation? I will not be deterred from speaking up, going to Washington, & encouraging everyone who reads my blog to search for creative solutions. I for one could use a "virtual hug" from you via comments & suggestions from anyone who is struggling with these issues & agrees that we must take action. Together solutions can be found to whatever challenges we face.

How about you? What do you do when you are discouraged? Do you need a "virtual hug?" Feel free to post your highs & lows get some support as you move towards the lives of your dreams.

*This photo provided by East Central University shows Christopher Lane, an Australian who was on a baseball scholarship at East Central University in Ada, Okla. Lane was in Duncan, Okla., visiting his girlfriend, when he was shot and killed Friday, Aug. 16, 2013. (AP Photo/East Central University Communications & Marketing, Gina Smith)

No comments: