Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Triumphant Thursday: Newtown Little League Team Headed to World Series

 
Photo from The Hartford Courant


Thought for the Day: Those of you reading my blog have seen several posts about the Sandy Hook Tragedy (When Bad Things Happen to Children: Helping Children Process Traumatic Events, The Sandy Hook Promise, Sandy Hook Revisited: Where Were You Last December 14th are just a few). I have traveled to Washington DC to lobby with Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense and voiced my concerns for the mental health of our nation's children. I was filled with joy when I learned from a Newtown resident that the Newtown Renegades Little League team won the New England regional competition last week. They will be heading to Florida for the Cal Ripkin World Series next week! It is a tribute to the kids, their families, coaches and the entire community of Newtown for providing support and encouragement in spite of the challenges they have faced this year. It is clear the parents and coaches want to help their children just be kids and play ball, but they are also teaching invaluable life lessons. These children are continuing to reach for their dreams while honoring those lost with the simple symbolic green ribbons on their tee shirts and hats. Their resilience is inspiring. Good luck Renegades in Florida! You are already winners regardless of what transpires on the baseball diamond.

If you would like to read more or see a video, here's a link to an article in the Hartford Courant: Newtown Baseball Team Headed to the Cal Ripkin World Series

No comments: