Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Saturday's Songs for the Soul: Gone, Gone, Gone by Phillip Phillips


Thought for the Day:  I heard today's Song for the Soul recently at the end of a Zumba class.  I try to exercise 4 or 5 times a week. Usually I swim, but have been adding additional types of exercise lately. For those of you who have never tried Zumba, it is an exuberant, fun mix of Latin dance moves and exercise to very loud uptempo music. I can only do about 30 minutes of a class and, therefore, don't always arrive at the beginning. It was the first time that I was present at the end of the lesson for a "cool down." As I listened to the lyrics of this powerful uptempo song (not really cool down music, but compared to the previous melodies, it was a bit more subdued), I was impressed. I knew I had to find out the name of the artist to share here. I found out that it was written and performed by American Idol season 11 winner, Phillip Phillips. The song is a testimonial to everlasting love.

It is interesting that the song remains upbeat in tempo and feel, since the lyric refers to how the singer's love will survive long after the loved one is "Gone, Gone, Gone." The video images that accompany the song are a collage depicting lifelong love. I hope you enjoy the music and have a wonderful weekend.


No comments: