Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, May 30, 2014

#FF Friday's Fabulous Finds: Overcoming Disabilities, New Ways To Treat Poverty, Why Women Still Can't Have It all & More


Thought for the Day: I went to town this week and have many more posts than I usually do on Fridays. I started by finding some really fun interesting photos, quotes and a hilarious video demonstrating an age gap. Somehow, as much as I liked these finds, I felt there was not enough substance to the post. Then I hit the jackpot and found 4 wonderful articles. The cover story shows how a new device can help disabled children and their families enjoy activities they could never have accomplished before. Then I found a long, but insightful article on why women still can't have it all, but with solutions and ideas that may help improve women's and men's lives. (Unfortunately although the article shows up on my phone when I view the flipboard on my computer it is missing in action, so here's a link to this wonderful article by Princeton Professor Anne-Marie Slaughter.) Innovative approaches to the medical treatment of poverty are presented in the article on How Being Poor Makes You Sick. Finally, an interesting look at racism as seen (or not seen) by millennials. After the articles, there are some great quotes, photos & a video on the lighter side. Then the magazine folds into last week's Fabulous Finds, so that if you did not get a chance to check it out, you can simply keep looking. Let me know if you like this possibility & I will simply update the magazine each week by adding new finds. Have a great weekend!
     Here's the link to the entire magazine: http://flip.it/lTUHW

No comments: