Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Saturday's Songs for the Soul: "Dare You," Amy Purdy, Derek Hough Truly Dance With the Stars


Thought for the Day: I don't get to watch much TV, but caught the finals of ABC's Dancing With the Stars this week. I have danced all my life and enjoy catching the show when I can. Immediately, when I saw the awe inspiring performance by Amy Purdy and Derek Hough, I knew I had found this week's Song for the Soul. My book teaches people how to overcome all obstacles to reach your dreams. Amy's story is yet another example of how our mind and strong motivation can help beat the odds. I had not seen the rest of the season so I did not know Amy Purdy's backstory. At age 20, after contracting bacterial meningitis, she had both legs amputated below the knees. She was told she might never walk again. However, Amy was an avid snow boarder who was determined to return to the sport. She became a paralympic snowboarder. I have a saying, "When there is a dream there is a way."  Amy has also become an actress, co-founder of Adaptive Action Sports and spokesperson for the Challenged Athletes FoundationShe approached Dancing With the Stars with a similar determination to push herself to the limits. The song picked for her freestyle performance, "Dare You," reflects her ability to defy the odds and accomplish her dreams. If you view only one video this week, make it this one...


The song, "Dare You" by Dutch record producer Hardwell, features vocals by American singer Matthew Koma. It fits the inspirational accomplishments of this young athlete. As a psychologist, part of my job is helping people find the will to follow their dreams. When you question your ability to accomplish what you want in life, take a look at this video again and find the inner strength to find a way despite all odds.




If you want to see the lyrics, here's another video with the lyrics clearly written.


No comments: