Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Saturday's Songs For the Soul: The Luckiest Guy from The Magnetic Fields


Thought for the Day: It is a beautiful fall day & I feel like sharing a very funny song with you today. Laughter always feeds our souls. It helps us through good & bad times. Psychological studies have shown that laughter can even lengthen our lives. I heard "The Luckiest Guy on the Lower East Side" on WFUV radio (one of NYC's greatest radio stations, which also streams online & is well worth listening to even if you do not live in the NYC area) a week or two ago. It may be the funniest song I've heard in a long time. It gives hope to all those not so "beautiful" people in the world. It was recorded by the group The Magnetic Fields. Steven Merritt New Your based lead singer is also the principal songwriter of the group. The animated video byurbaninks on YouTube was for a class assignment instructed by Gail Anderson. The assignment permitted the use of b/w color, Adobe fonts and a song. The photo is from an amazing program that was in NYC about a year ago where they placed pianos on the streets of New York & passersby would simply sit down & play. it is part of a world wide program, Play Me I'm YoursI hope you enjoy the music!




No comments: