Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Thursday's Psychology Trivia Q & A: How Often Is a Child Bullied On Playgrounds in the USA?

Thought for Today: I have been under the weather for quite a while and dealing with what could be an Olympic luge run on my driveway and an ice rink on the parking area for my clients! The warm weather is helping, but until today, it has been icing over every night! At any rate, since it is already almost 4 PM EST, I decided to repost a Trivia article from last November. Here it is: Thought for the Day: Since I am going to be speaking Blind Matters Radio on Saturday, 11/9/2013 at 3 PM on bullying & how to prevent it among blind & visually impaired individuals, I have been doing some research on the statistics. The epidemic proportions of bullying among our children is mind boggling.  According to the National Education AssociationNational Association of School Psychologists PowerPoint on bullying, Time and Ladies Home Journal, 160,000 kids miss school every day to avoid being bullied. However, this statistic is 20 years old & the numbers are probably much higher. A more recent study reports that every 7 minutes a child is bullied on a playground. There is adult intervention 4 % of the time, peer intervention, 11 % of the time and no intervention 85% of the time. 
        Clearly despite all the talk about prevention, adults are not doing a very good job of protecting our children from bullying. I hope you will share your thoughts, concerns, & ideas, here or on the radio program to help solve this very serious problem in our country.

No comments: