Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, March 28, 2014

#FF Friday's Fabulous Finds: Education, Employment, Parenting, Autism & a Miraculous Rescue from Washington Mudslide

Found on teacherspayteachers.com
Thought for the Day: Here are my fabulous finds for the week. For teachers and therapists there is a game that helps children learn how to express their feelings. For the unemployed, there's some advice from James Caan on how to explain gaps on your resume. From a travel editor celebrating her first child's first birthday a wish list of things she hopes for her child to become and have in his life. Whenever new research offers a glimmer of hope to help explain the complex disorder of autism or other psychological disorders, I try to share them, the forth find is one such study. Finally, I saved the best for last with some incredible footage of the rescue of a 4 year old child from the devastating mudslide in Washington state this week. How the rescuers saw the boy is miraculous. Sadly, his father and two siblings have not been found. He was however reunited with his mother who was at work when the mudslide occurred. In the midst of tragedy, sometimes miracles happen. Have a great weekend. 


1) I-Statements, Empathy & Feelings Oh My: A Game of Self Expression 
Contents: Game board, 4 game pieces, 24 I-statement cards, 24 empathy cards,
9 Feelings: Angry, Sad, Worried, Proud, Excited, Surprised, Embarrassed, and Happy3 Posters (8 1/2 x 11), 3 Coloring pages, I-statement worksheet (color and black & white) Cost $4
2) How To Explain A Gap On Your CV James CaanInflue Serial Entrepreneur and Investor in People with Passion. 
3) 34 Things I Hope for My Son, on His First Birthday Kate Auletta Senior Travel Editor, Huffington Post
4) An Unexpected Discovery in the Brains of Autistic Children BY GREG MILLER
5) The incredible moment a little boy entombed in mud is pulled to safety after Washington landslide swept away his family By LYDIA WARREN



No comments: