Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, March 14, 2014

#FF Friday's Fabulous Finds: Communication & the Generational Abyss, 7 Habits of Emotional Healthy People, Building Boys Self Esteem, & An App for PTSD

Parenting Between 11 and 14
Photo from http://www.wtcmhmr.org/poc/view_doc.php?type=doc&id=4747
Thought for the Day: The week has flown by with spring flirting with us for a couple of days and then the winter deep freeze returned to taunt us. It seems that spring is on it's way. Although the snow is still not quite melted, I can see some grass which is a good sign! I hope you are all faring well as we anxiously await warmer weather. Today's Fabulous Finds range from the cute comic above which could have been an illustration for the article on digital devices and generational abyss, to seven habits of emotionally healthy people, to building boys self esteem, and a free mobile app which is helping people with PTSD around the world. I hope you enjoy them and have a great weekend!


1) Closer Together or Further Apart? Digital Devices and the New Generation Gap by Robert Weiss Senior Vice President of Clinical Development, Elements Behavioral Health in the Huffington Post Tech 3/14/2014.

2) The Seven Habits of Highly Emotionally Healthy People | Psychology Today How to treat psychological injuries and improve emotional resilience. Published on July 9, 2013 by Guy Winch, Ph.D. in The Squeaky Wheel.

3) Boys Need Help with Self-Esteem, Too | Psych Central By MARIE HARTWELL-WALKER, ED.D.

4) Mobile App: PTSD Coach - PTSD: National Center for PTSD PTSD Coach has now been downloaded over 100,000 times in 74 countries around the world.

No comments: