Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Saturday's Songs for the Soul: Steve Seskin Hit Songwriter Making a Difference


Thought for the Day: I am enjoying finding great songs by songwriters that I have met & learned from. Today, I picked songs by Steve Seskin, a hit songwriter & amazing songwriting teacher from California. His songs have been covered & become number one hits by a variety of country artists. The subject matter that he has succeeded in conveying in the hits is often surprising for country music. He can make grown men cry. Don't Laugh at Me (Written by Steve Seskin & Allen Shamblin) was 1st a a country hit, by Mark Wills. Then, as a hit by Peter, Paul & Mary it became the centerpiece for the Don't Laugh At Me Operation Respect. All of the proceeds from the song go to programs in schools across the country to teach children to respect differences & prevent bullying. 
     The 1st time I heard the song, I Think About You, written by Steve Seskin & Don Schlitz, on a country radio station, I was surprised. It became a hit for Collin Raye. Pay attention to the words & you will see why. The third song, Use Mine, written by Steve Seskin & Lisa Drew, will pull at your heart strings as it weaves the story of a relationship between a father & his son. I'll Always Be There for You, the fourth song, written by Steve Seskin & Odie Blackmon, is heartfelt look at a very difficult decision for any woman & her family. Life's a Dance, which I did not include is another beautiful inspirational song. You may want to check it out as well. All of the clips are of Steve performing them live at house concerts.
     I hope you enjoy listening to the music of one of our nation's great songwriters. Next time you hear one of his songs on the radio, you will know who the man is behind the music.  Come back tomorrow for Sunday's Comic Strips taking a lighter look as psychology & on Monday for Motivational Mondays post about my experiences in Washington DC. Have a great weekend!




No comments: