Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, March 8, 2013

#FF Friday's Fab Finds: Art, Education, & Inspiration


Thought for the Day: This week I had too many finds to fit the post, so I held on to some for next week. By then I may have 15 or more to choose from! Let me know if you would like more or less finds each week. I have 5 great finds for you to explore. There are stories about amazing teachers who go above & beyond the call of duty, endangered artwork on part of the remaining segments of the Berlin Wall, a mind boggling viral video about the distribution of wealth in America, a mom's invention, that was right beneath her son's feet & how a woman overcame adversity & became a supporter & role model for homeless teens.

I hope you will have time to check these out over the weekend. While you are at it, you may want to come back to listen to Saturday's Songs for the Soul (last weeks segment featured Psychology & Music). This week I feature a songwriter who's songs have been covered by Elton John, Willie Nelson, Bonnie Raitt & Faith Hill to name just a few.  I have been fortunate enough to get to know this amazing writer who taught at one of the songwriting retreats that I organized. She has used music as therapy & in the process has helped others as well. On Sunday you can check out Sunday's Comic Strips (last week's Sundays Comic Strips) which bring a humorous look at psychology. Have a great weekend!

Here are this week's Fabulous Finds-->

1) The first find is by from Mom.Me. In a slide show: Leaders to Admire, she features teachers who, "Despite budget cuts, pink slips & unions under fire, a lot of our nation’s teachers are working harder than ever. From raising money, to starting clubs, to working without pay, the 10-plus following teachers have inspired students, parents and community members with their tenacious efforts and huge hearts. Read on for your daily dose of optimism."

2) The second story is a find that may soon be lost. It is endangered artwork which is an integral part of the history of the Berlin Wall. A picture is worth a thousand words & this link takes you to my third fabulous find, a video on Huffington Post Arts & Culture with pictures of the historic artwork which may be destroyed. I'm not an architect, but I would suggest that they find a way to incorporate the wall into the plans. Any hotel that did would become a destination & an instant landmark.

3) My third fabulous find is a Video explaining the distribution of wealth in the United States.
The differences between people's impression of the distribution of wealth, the ideal people imagine & the reality of how wealth is distributed in our country may surprise you.
4) Marlo Thomas's blog share wonderful inspirational stories about women achieving their dreams. This week a story she shared is my fourth fabulous find. It tells the story of how a mother faced with her husband's chronic illness & the need for a source of income found an unmet need on a baseball field & persevered till she created a solution: Cleatskins,
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/25/baseball-mom-scores-big-marlo-thomas-it-aint-over_n_2759258.html?icid=maing-grid7|heroes|dl39|sec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D279314

5) Finally, my fifth find is another inspiring video about how a woman, Lauri Burns, overcame her abusive & tumultuous upbringing & what led her to becoming an advocate for foster kids & homeless teens with the Teen Project.  --> 

I hope you like these finds & share them with your friends. Let me know what you think. Would you like me to share more or less finds? What do you think about them?

 
 

No comments: