Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Saturday's Songs for the Soul: Discovering & Supporting Young Unsigned Musicians





Thought for the Day: My plan for today was to bring some inspirational music in honor of all those who are celebrating Passover & Easter this week. I also wanted to tell people about a wonderful website that helps unsigned independent artists get heard online. I started listening to music that seemed appropriate & ended up in the world of classical music. Then, I stumbled upon a child prodigy violinist Akim Camara who was all of 3 years old when he performed for the first time with Andre Rieu. I decided to post several of this young violinist's performances from 2005 till 2012, so that you could see his amazing progress. 

Somehow the progress of a young artist fit with reporting about Sunset Island Music, which produces the #1 Music Show on the net for unsigned bands & indie artists. It has over 2,000,000 listeners & encourages all unsigned bands & indie artists to sign-up on their website to be eligible for play on their Radio Shows. They feature multiple genres of music. You can also learn more about them & friend them at www.facebook.com/sunsetislandmusic. 

I hope you enjoy both the classical music & that the musicians among you check out Sunset Island Music. Come back tomorrow for Sunday's Comic Strips & on Monday for Motivational Mondays. Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Andre Rieu & 3 year old violinist, Akim Camara 2005


Andre Rieu & Akim Camara (aged 5) in New York 2007

 Akim Camara: Pablo de Sarasate - Caprice Basque July 2012


No comments: