Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, June 7, 2013

#FF Friday's Fabulous Finds: Children & Young Adults Making a Difference & Summer Suggestions



Thought for the Day: It's time for #FF Friday's Fabulous Finds. Today I have found two types of finds. First I bring several inspiring stories about children, teens & young adults making a difference helping others. Then I have two great suggestions to make this summer your best summer ever. I hope you like these finds & come back for Saturday's Songs for the Soul & Sunday's Comic Strips. Have a great weekend!

Children & Young Adults Making a Difference:

Aimee Copeland*

Flesh-eating Bacteria Survivor, Aimee Copeland's Goal: Helping Others. You may have heard about 24 year old Aimee Copeland's ordeal. Due to a flesh eating bacteria, she lost limbs & nearly lost her life. You may not be aware of her progress & dreams for the future. She is truly an inspiration. 






High School student discovers new treatment for Cancer This 17 year old high school student's accomplishments will restore your confidence in public education!


Photo from alexslemonade.org

One Small Step Against Cancer  An inspirational video on how one child's efforts continue to bring hope to countless children with cancer.  Video from CBS Sunday Morning


8 year old fixing 67 yr mistake How an 8 year old made a difference. Video from CBS Sunday Morning

 

Summer Suggestions, ways to make this summer your best summer ever:

Innovative program helping people try out new professions on vocation vacations. I often suggest to clients that they may want to try a profession before they quit their day job. This website makes that option super easy.



If you have children & want to have a more positive summer at home try this contract.    Stefanie Mullen (co-author of Chicken Soup for the Girlfriend's Soul) offers this free, easy to download & customize contract to help you structure your children & teens' lives this summer.






*Aimee Copeland Photo from BuckheadPatch article

No comments: