Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Saturday's Songs for the Soul: Brad Paisley Singing "He Didn't Have to Be"



Thought for Today:  Tomorrow is  Father's Day. Often we neglect the step-dads who filled in for their step-children day in, day out as the dad they didn't have to be. They are like the beautiful shining light in the above photo. Many children of divorce or who's fathers have passed away are afraid that it is disloyal to their "biological" fathers to give them any love, respect or gratitude. Often they don't seem to notice or appreciate that constant light they have received from their step-fathers until they are grown & have children of their own. I decided to make this e-card & play a song for them.



"He Didn't Have To Be" is a tribute to all the men who step up without expecting gratitude.  Here's a song for all those dads. It was co-written by Brad Paisley & Kelley Lovelace about Lovelace's relationship with his step-son. Happy Un-Father's Day!

             Music video by Brad Paisley performing He Didn't Have To Be. (C) 1999 BMG Music

*Photo
by D Sharon Pruitt http://www.flickr.com/photos/pinksherbet/2292064768/

No comments: