Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Saturday's Songs for the Soul: Darryl "DMC" McDaniels & Sarah Mc Lauchlan - Angel


* 1 Photo 'Angel Awareness Day
Thought for the Day: Today I am at a corporation helping employees deal with the death of a colleague and therefore I decided to repost this from last year. It is a wonderful story and an inspiring song.
Thought for the Day: Today I am sharing 2 songs & an 11 minute audio recording. Please click on a link to listen to the recording 1st & come back to hear the music. The audio is from The Moth (True Stories Told Live) which I heard on public radio last week on my way home from Boston. I don't usually listen to hip hop  or rap music, but the story is truly inspirational & as Darryl "D.M.C." McDaniels spoke about feeling suicidal, I got pulled in. I don't want to ruin it for you, so please just   CLICK on this link & click on the listen button. After you hear the story, come back to this post to hear the music.  Many of you know the song, "Angel," by Sarah Mc Lauchlan, but you will never hear it the same way again. 

Now that you have heard DNC's story, take a listen to "Angel."

Darryl "D.M.C." McDaniels*3

Sarah Mc Lauchlan *2


















      

Mother's Day is especially hard for both adopted children & for their birth mothers. Birth mothers make a very difficult decision in the best interests of their children. They hope that their children will have a chance at a better life if they are adopted. These 2 artists & their music can change lives & even save lives.

Have a wonderful weekend & a Happy Mother's Day to all!

* 1 Photo 'Angel Awareness Day' http-/www.flickr.com/photos/14111752@N07/6223275829

*2 Photo of Sarah McLachlan from Creative Commons Wikipedia
{{Information |Description ={{en|1={{Information |Description=Sarah McLachlin after her live performance at the Jet Blue terminal at JFK International Airport on July 29th, 2010. see more at [http://www.quintanomedia.com www.quintanomedia.com] |Sourc

*3 Photo of Darryl "DCM" McDaniels from Creative Commons Wikipedia
== Summary == {{Information |Description=Darryl "DCM" McDaniels at the Billboard-Children Uniting Nations after-party red carpet. |Source=self-made |Date=Sunday, February 24, 2007 |Author= Photographer JessicaPinney, [http://www.mod

No comments: