Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wednesday's Words of Wisdom: The Changing Roles of Motherhood


The Many Faces of Mothers' Love
Thought for the Day: In previous Monday's Words of Wisdom posts I have posted quotes from psychologists like Stanley Milgram or educators like Maria Montessori. Today, as I prepare for presenting tomorrow at the Museum of Motherhood conference in NYC: A New Motherhood? on the changing roles of mothers, I decided to bring a few quotes well known writers, an artist, & an Olympian speaking about there mothers. These quotes give an interesting perspective on how mothers build self esteem & the enhance their children's DQ (Dream Quotient) (TM) or ability to believe in & pursue their dreams. I hope you enjoy them & come back for the answer to Tuesday's Psychological Trivia Question.

       My mother had a great deal of trouble with me, but I think she enjoyed it. Mark Twain 
 
       My mother taught me very early to believe I could achieve any accomplishment I wanted to. The first was to walk without braces. Wilma Rudolph (Olympic Gold Medalist)
 
       My mother said to me, "If you become a soldier, you'll be a general, if you become a monk you'll end up as the pope." Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.
                                           Pablo Picasso
 
  
      There's no such thing as a nonworking mother. Hester Mundis   (Writer for Joan Rivers)











Photos:
Mother & son at beach
Mother at work with child
Young Mother on subway
Mother jogging with kids
Above photos all from FlickrCC.com
Center Photo: A Mother’s Love
From Photo bucket  @Caitlin_Renee
 
  

No comments: