Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Monday: How Driving A Truck Helped A Bereaved Father Cope

Photos from FlickrCC.com*
Thought for the Day:  Sometimes in the midst of barbeques, travel & celebrations of the beginning of summer the harsh reality of Memorial Day is forgotten. It is a day to remember those who gave their lives to protect the freedom & opportunities this great nation offers. I usually leave my song choices for Saturday's Songs for the Soul where I share songs that are therapeutic. "I Drive Your Truck" (shared here)* certainly fits that category. It captures one man's grief after losing a loved one. With over 5 million hits on YouTube since it was released last December, it hit a chord helping veterans & families around the country.  The song performed by country artist, Lee Brice,  was written by Jimmy Yeary, Connie Harrington & Jessi Alexander. It is based on a true story one of the songwriters heard on NPR about how a father, who's son died in 2006, would drive his son's truck. On the radio broadcast, Paul Monti, said his reasons for driving the truck his son, Sgt. 1st ClassJared  Monti, left behind were simple: "What can I tell you? It's him. It's got his DNA all over it. I love driving it because it reminds me of him, though I don't need the truck to remind me of him. I think about him every hour of every day."

If you would like to support programs that help wounded warriors returning from Iraq & Afghanistan, you can purchase my book The Wake Up And Dream Challenge with 1/2 of the profits being sent to Higher Ground. Higher Ground uses recreational therapies to help wounded warriors & their families regain their independence.

*Official video from Lee Bruce's album, Hard 2 Love. Available on iTunes: http://bit.ly/Hard2Love

*Photos from FlickrCC.com

Top Right: 'Scouts salute Fort Sam Houston Cemetery with+flags+of+honor' http-/www.flickr.com/photos/37353087@N03/5766778920

Left Middle: 'Scouts salute Fort Sam Houston Cemetery with+flags+of+honor' http-/www.flickr.com/photos/37353087@N03/5766764544

Right Bottom: 'Soldier graves' http-/www.flickr.com/photos/22929260@N06/5784853348

No comments: