Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Wednesday's Words of Wisdom: Psychiatrist Thomas Szasz on Finding or Creating One's Self




 Thought for the Day: Today I am reposting a quote from Wednesday's Words of Wisdom a year ago. I created a new image to go with it:

  “People often say this or that person has not yet found himself.  But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates.” Thomas Stephen Szasz

     What are your thoughts? Are you trying to find a profession or a job in order to "find" yourself? Or are you creating yourself by exploring your interests, finding your passion & then pursuing a profession?


Dr. Thomas Stephen Szasz*

Thomas Stephen Szasz (1900 -2012), was  a controversial psychiatrist. He was "a well-known social critic of the moral & scientific foundations of psychiatry, & of the social control aims of medicine in modern society, as well as of scientism. His books The Myth of Mental Illness (1960) & The Manufacture of Madness (1970) set out some of the arguments with which he is most associated." (Wikipedia)

    

I hope you will come back tomorrow t=for the answer to Thursday's Psychotherapy Trivia.

Photos: 

* Dr. Thomas Stephen Szasz JennyPhotos.com from Wikipedia Commons

No comments: