Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, May 31, 2013

#FF Friday's Fabulous Finds: Living With Purpose from Iowa, Mumbai, Oklahoma, Boston & DC


Thought for the Day: TGIF & it's time for my #FF Fabulous Finds. Although my #FF finds this week come from Iowa to Mumbai to Boston, Oklahoma & DC, the common element is "Living with Purpose."  Although the stories are diverse covering education, motivation, & entertainment, check these finds out & see how they are related. Have a wonderful weekend! Let me know what you think & I'd love to hear what motivates you, too. I hope you will join me tomorrow for Saturday's Songs for the Soul & Sunday's Comic Strips.

1) Memorial Day:  Iowa Veteran's 72 year wait to get a diploma. This week began with a Memorial Day Monday Blog post & my first finds tells why an Iowa veteran chose to miss his high school graduation 72 years ago. Be sure to watch the video till the end to completely understand what motivated him.


2) Thanks to social media a young woman, Shweta Katti, who grew up in Mumbai's red-light district, Kamathipura, may realize her dream to study in America. Send Shweta Katti to College



3) This video is an excellent example of how education is changing & available world wide via the internet & YouTube. It helps explain why traditional ideas about motivation don't work.

 
4) Social Action: Moms Demand Action Click here to automatically call your Congressman every day. I continue to be impressed by the resourcefulness of MOMs Demand Action. If you want universal background checks to happen, MOMs demand action needs your help see why & how easy it can be....

Photos from FlickrCC.com
 5) Carrie Underwood is donating the proceeds from her Blown Away concert tour to the Oklahoma Tornado recovery efforts.   If you love Carrie Underwood's music to support survivors of the  music her, generous donation to victims of tornadoes   in her home state of Oklahoma will make you love her even more.
 
NKOTB w Boyz II Men. Time travel
6) At the star studded 'Boston Strong' benefit Concert last night NKOTB, Aerosmith, Boston, James Taylor and Carole King, the J. Geils Band, Jimmy Buffett, Jason Aldean, and comedians Dane Cook and Steven Wright all worked for free Thursday.  TD Garden, Ticketmaster, and a host of local hotels also donated their services for free. they expect to raise over $1.5 million for the One Fund. The photo (courtesy of my brother who attended the concert) was just before the musicians went & hugged the victims & first responders.

No comments: