Add to Flipboard Magazine.
Retreat Reviews: "I thought my dreaming days were over, but since leaving my teaching job, I have started a new career and my husband and I are exploring China for two years!! Dream Positioning works for both of us as we move forward together..." -Shulah S. Retreat Participant "My wife and I attended a retreat run by Dr. Lavi years ago. Things we learned still help us keep things exciting!" -Bill and JoAnn H., previous participant

Friday, January 3, 2014

Friday's Fabulous Finds: NY Times Book Review

Thought for the Day: As the east coast digs out from under the new blanket of snow dropped by the New Year Nor-easter and dips into the deep freeze, I am glad to be warm inside with electricity. Since it is Friday, it is time for my fabulous finds.

Early last week, I was excited to learn that a new book, Reset, by Dwain Schenck, was reviewed in the  New York Times Style section as part of a three book review for new reads in the New Year. I was interviewed for the book by Mr. Schenk, a journalist and communications expert, about a year ago. He asked me to comment on how my therapeutic approach can help people battling the emotional upheaval of unemployment. I am honored that excerpts from that interview were quoted in his book alongside an array of distinguished public figures and experts including: Mika Brezezinski, Donald Trump, Christine Hefner, Mort Zukerman, Susie Essman, Donnie Deutch, Larry David, Joe Echevarria, Mike Barnicle and Joe Scarborough. Mr. Schenck eloquently tells about his own journey through the devastating experience of unemployment in one of the worst job markets since the Great Depression. If you know someone who is struggling with unemployment, it is a must read book. In the article, When Your Life Needs a Do-Over Books Offer Career Advice, and Tips on How to Quit and Find a New Job, Reset is featured with two other books, Mastering the Art of Quitting, by Peg Streep and Alan Bernstein and Fail Fast, Fail Often by Ryan Babineaux, Ph.D., and John Krumboltz, Ph.D. Reset will be in bookstores this week and can be purchased online at http://www.resetyourfuture.com. 

No comments: